If in the unlikely event you have a complaint and you are unhappy with the outcome from our in-house solutions you can complain through the website link of the Legal Ombudsman as set out below.
Before contacting the Legal Ombudsman you should make every attempt to resolve your issues with the firm either with the responsible case worker/solicitor you are dealing with.
If the matter has not been resolved with your case worker/solicitor, you must write to Mr Holden .
You must not rely on electronic mail such as email as these can go astray.
Your complaint must be in writing and addressed directly to Mr Holden at the Hastings Office 32-33 Robertson Street, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 1HT.
The envelope should be marked complaint and marked for their personal attention due to the volume of incoming mail received daily. This will ensure that your letters are directed to the person concerned as a matter of priority.
We would prefer that telephone messages of complaint or e-mails are not used as they may be either misunderstood or misdirected.
Please do not complain to your case worker if you feel they have not satisfied your initial concern, as this will delay matters and could lead to your matter not being dealt with as quickly as we would want to address your concern.
Holden and Co Complaints Handling Procedure
Our Complaints Policy
Our complaints procedure If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care partner Mr J Holden, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Mr Holden will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within five working days of the meeting, Mr Holden will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Holden will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another person unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision or offer mediation.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman (Helpline number: 0300 555 0333) or refer to their website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. Their postal address is PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB.
©2015 Holden+Co Solicitors